It’s nights home alone that I settle in with a movie on the laptop and cook up the easiest meals imaginable. I pour myself a little wine, rip a piece of baguette from the larger whole and snack to my heart’s content. Shirred eggs is one of those dishes that makes me smile when it’s on a brunch menu. A perfect sum of its parts and it couldn’t be easier to make.
1.Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Pick any *cooked* ingredients of your choosing. I chose a few pieces of brie and uncured ham, chopped them up and set them aside.
3. butter or spray a ramekin for each person.
4. Place ingredients in the bottom then top with freshly cracked eggs (I used two).
5. Top with salt, pepper, and a bit of milk or cream.
6. Take a small flat sided baking dish and place ramekin(s) inside. Fill with very hot water (almost simmering), making sure not to get to the top of ramekin.
7. place in oven and bake for 6 minutes then check every minute or so until whites are set.
8. CAREFULLY remove from oven and remove ramekin from dish (A metal flipper seemed to do the trick for me but really, be careful).
9. Allow to cool for a few minutes and enjoy!