The salads at Sabrina’s are the kind that I crave- huge beds of lettuce topped with lots of delicious toppings and a fantastic vinaigrette to pour over top. We used to go to this spot right outside the Italian Market all the time. It was our little place. We would grab a cheap bottle of wine and head over for a $30 dinner on a Friday. Oh and let’s not forget the mighty Sabrina’s brunch that has to be experienced at least once. If you can make it, get there before 9am or be ready to wait…you’ve been warned.
This baby is a hybrid between Sabrina’s Ultimate Caesar and Greek salads. It’s a super easy, healthy, hearty, fun enough for guests meal. In other words, perfection!
Sabrina’s Cafe Super Salad
- 1/2 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 lb organic boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled and sliced
- 1 eggplant, skinned, cubed and roasted
- 1/2 c. roasted red and green peppers
- 1 c. hummus
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 c. pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 c. feta cheese
- 4 T tahini
- 4 whole wheat pitas, grilled
- your choice of dressing (we used a simple balsamic
Take four plates and begin by placing an equal amount of lettuce on each plate.Then, begin adding your toppings in a fun way!
I started with the roasted vegetables, added the hummus, then chicken, fresh vegetables, olives and feta. Finally, I topped it all with tahini and an easy balsamic vinaigrette. Put the hot pita on the side and serve.